Who You Are Sponsoring
Founded in 1965, TILJ continues to publish three to four issues annually. Our journal contains articles written by scholars, judges, and practitioners, as well as notes written by our own members. Additionally, we host several social and professional events, including guest lectures and networking events. Our annual symposium brings together preeminent scholars to discuss timely topics confronting the international and domestic legal markets. Last year’s symposium, The 2009 Manual on International Law Applicable to Air and Missile Warfare: A Critical Analysis, featured Ambassador Henry A. Crumpton, former Ambassador-at-Large for Counterterrorism at the U.S. Department of State and Chief of the National Resources Division at the Central Intelligence Agency. This year’s symposium, Conference on the Euro Crisis, is a timely discussion of the EU’s first sovereign debt crisis.
What Does Sponsorship Get You?
TILJ has three levels of sponsorship with specific benefits:
- Inclusion as a sponsor on the TILJ t-shirt, which all 100+ members receive.
- Sponsor of the TILJ Banquet: The TILJ end-of-the-year banquet is held in April to recognize the Volume 47 staff. Sponsorship includes table placards recognizing your firm and listing of your firm’s name on all awards given to staff members.
- TILJ-hosted happy hour: A TILJ-hosted happy hour offers the opportunity to meet and network with TILJ members. Your firm will be named in the title of the event (e.g., TILJ Happy Hour: Sponsored by Smith & Smith LLP), and we hope that you will invite attorneys and legal recruiters to the event. You may also provide door prize items for distribution at the event (pens, highlighters, mugs, water bottles, etc.).
- Inclusion in the Platinum Sponsor list on TILJ’s website and in the final issue of Volume 47.
- TILJ hosted happy hour: A TILJ-hosted happy hour offers the opportunity to meet and network with TILJ members. Your firm will be named in the title of the event (e.g., TILJ Happy Hour: Sponsored by Smith & Smith LLP), and we hope that you will invite attorneys and legal recruiters to the event. You may also provide door prize items for distribution at the event (pens, highlighters, mugs, water bottles, etc.).
- Inclusion in the Gold Sponsor list on TILJ’s website and in the final issue of Volume 47.
- Sponsorship of one of TILJ’s weekly breakfasts: By sponsoring Taco Tuesday and Bagel Wednesday, your firm will receive recognition at the breakfast.
- Inclusion in the Silver Sponsor list on TILJ’s website and in the final issue of Volume 47.
All artwork and promotional materials must be provided by your firm. If you are interested in designing your own way to reach out to our members and promote your law firm or organization, please contact Ms. Keegan Warren-Clem at email@example.com.
Why Sponsor TILJ
While the student-edited legal periodicals are published under the umbrella of the UT Law Publications department, no financial support is guaranteed by The University. Managing the financial realities of TILJ poses unique challenges. Expenses include:
- An annual symposium (marketing; speaker fees; guest travel and board; venue rental and catering).
- Administration (computer hardware and software for editing and other pre-publication tasks; office supplies, such as copy paper, pens, Bluebooks; phone service; shipping and postage costs; and printing/photocopies).
- Article distribution (making hardcopy and electronic media available; and creating abstracts and archives).
- General marketing (web service and maintenance; online payment management; communications; and solicitations(.
- Development (staff recruitment and recognition; socials/mixers; annual award banquet; continuing alumni connections.)
Your contribution relieves these pressures, enabling TILJ to continue its tradition of journal excellence.
How to Sponsor
Credit card donations can be made through the School of Law Shopping Cart. For check donations, please make your check payable to the Texas International Law Journal and mail to:
Director of Development
Texas International Law Journal
The University of Texas School of Law
727 E. Dean Keeton St.
Austin, TX 78705
Please contact the Director of Development with any questions about sponsoring TILJ.
The Texas International Law Journal has a circulation of approximately four hundred and distribution to approximately thirty countries, offering the perfect medium to reach an audience interested in international matters. Our subscribers include scholars, practitioners, academics, and law libraries worldwide. Additionally, the Journal is available online in HeinOnline, LexisNexis, and Westlaw electronic databases and at the TILJ website.
Full-page advertisements are available at the following rates:
- $250 per issue
- $600 per volume
All advertisements must be submitted thirty days prior to the publishing deadline for approval by the Editorial Board.
Please direct all advertising inquires to the Journal’s Director of Development.